This website is owned and operated by the Auckland Council.
- General - Auckland Council recognises its responsibility, and is committed to, ensuring the privacy of your information.
- Collection, use and storage of personal information - You may browse and access information contained on the site without providing personally identifiable information. Where you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information (e.g. if you apply for an account with us or email us), we will hold your personal information in accordance with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 1993. In particular:
- a.your personal information will be used only for the purposes for which it is collected and will be retained only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected (including any time that we are required by law to retain such information).
- b.we will not release your personal information to any third party except where required to, permitted to, by law, where you have authorised us to do so or where disclosure is connected to the purpose for which the information was collected.
- Update emails - you will only receive email updates from us if you have expressly signed up for the email updates on Auckland Council's or the Studio One Toi Tū website, or have supplied your email address to us by other means for that purpose. The information collected by Auckland Council for this purpose (including email addresses) will not be shared with other parties and you may unsubscribe to update emails at any time.
- .Access to, editing and deleting personal information - You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you, or make a request for information under the Local Government and Meetings Act 1987, by sending a written request to:
Information team leader
Private Bag 92516
You may also ask us to correct, alter or delete any personal information that we hold about you by sending a written request to the above address. It is your responsibility to ensure that personal information provided to us is accurate.
- Information retrieved while visiting the website - Some information is automatically retrieved while you visit the site. This information is outlined below. In the event that any personal information is collected, we will only use this information in aggregate form so that identify individual users cannot be identified. In order to provide you with better and more relevant services, we compile information about email responses and website usage. This information helps us to better understand our customers' interests and site usage patterns and also what types of content may help to encourage those visits. We also log your IP address (the perceived location of your computer on the internet) whenever you use the site. This is for system administration and troubleshooting purposes only. In both our HTML (containing text and images) and text (containing text only) update emails, we track clicks to find out which links in the email were clicked on. In HTML update emails we also track whether the email itself has been viewed and by whom. "HTML-sensing" is used to determine if your client supports HTML-based emails. This is employed only if you request our system to detect whether you can receive HTML emails.
- Security - To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of any information supplied by you, Auckland Council have put in place physical, electronic and managerial processes to protect your information. Additionally, all user information stored on the site is protected from unauthorised access through the use of secure passwords, user PINs and other security procedures. Users have specific responsibilities to keep their PIN secure under the Terms and conditions for transaction processing services.